Thursday, May 22, 2014

4/29/14

Quick Write: Think about one of the most important memories you have. Indulge yourself in it. Can you taste it? Smell it? Feel it? What if that memory were taken away from you? Would it still exist?

A very happy memory that I have and remember was on when I came to the united states, I was super excited to finally see the big "New York" with all the buildings, also was happy because I was finally going to see my grandparents. It was a big memory for me because it was the first time I got in a plane, I dreamed about that moment a lot of times and to see that it was finally here.


Final Reflection: You previously interpreted the quote “I think, therefore I am.” Interpret the quote once again as it relates to Clive. In other words, does Clive know he exists? Does he exist? What does all of this say about memory? Finally, what’s your brainy explanation for Clive only remembering love and music? Post this final reflection on your blog. 

Clive was a man who did not have memory at all but he could only remember the love he had for his wife and music.  He does exist because he thinks and remember the love he has for his wife and music, An explanation for why he only remembers his wife and the love of music could be that there are something's in life that we develop a true deep love and passion for  and they cant be taken away from you, these stays with you forever. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Except for punctuation. You made me see Clive in a different way. I connected your memory of coming to the U.S. to the fabulous writer Junot Diaz. You should read some of his stories. Like you, he is Dominican-American. He writes about straddling two very different cultures. I have a copy of his collection Drown in the class.
    4-4-3-3

    ReplyDelete